Upcoming Virtual Seminars
May 11, 2022 | 6:30-8:00PM | Hackensack UMC at Pascack Valley
May 18, 2022 | 6:30-8:00PM | Hackensack University Medical Center
May 25, 2022 | 6:30-8:00PM | Hudson County
June 8, 2022 | 6:30-8:00PM | Hackensack UMC at Pascack Valley
June 15, 2022 | 6:30-8:00PM | Hackensack University Medical Center
June 29, 2022 | 6:30-8:00PM | Hudson County
Sebastian R. Eid, MD, FACS
Sebastian Eid, MD, FACS is a surgeon at Advanced Laparoscopic Associates. He obtained dual bachelors degrees in biology and psychology from Rutgers University. He received his medical degree from the University of Louisville School of Medicine. Dr. Eid completed a surgical internship and residency at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, and a fellowship in minimally invasive and bariatric surgery at Hackensack University Medical Center.
Dr. Eid serves as the Assistant Program director of the Minimally Invasive/Bariatric Surgery Fellowship at Hackensack University Medical Center.
Dr. Eid is an Assistant Professor of Surgery at Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine at Seton Hall University and teaches students and residents from:
- Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine at Seton Hall University
- George’s University School of Medicine
- Rutgers New Jersey Medical School
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Medical Society of New Jersey
- Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract
Dr. Eid has given presentations at prestigious conferences around the country and around the world, including in Chicago, London, Los Angeles and San Francisco. He is the author of more than a dozen abstracts, as well as articles in journals such as:
Awards and Recognition
- NJ Monthly Top Docs, multiple years
- Bergen County Top Doctors
- UMDNJ Attending Teaching Award
- UMDNJ Dept. of Surgery Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Golden Apple Teaching Award Nomination, multiple years
- Hackensack University Medical Center Robert Degroote Award for Fire
- Surgical ICU Resident Award, UMDNJ Division of Trauma and Critical Care
- Outstanding Intern Award, UMDNJ Dept. of Surgery
- AOA Medical Honor Society, Special Senior Award
- Hiram Polk, Jr., Scholarship Award, University of Louisville Dept. of Surgery
- Morgan Williams Award, University of Louisville Dept. of Surgery
Getting to Know Dr. Eid
“In recent years, there have been many technological advances in the field of minimally invasive surgery. The challenge is to be able to provide the patients with the most up-to-date care and put their health and well-being at the forefront of our practice.
“I am compelled by the immediate effect that laparoscopic surgery, in particular bariatric surgery, has on a patient’s quality of life. I appreciate the long-term relationship that is built between the doctor and patient and the satisfaction of improving someone’s life.
“My goal is to give my patients the care, attention, support and experience they need throughout their journey and always be available; before, during and long after surgery is completed.”
For additional information, all prospective patients are invited to attend a free educational seminar.
Seminars are a great source of information about the procedure you are considering, and they allow you to meet the surgeons as well as ask any questions you may have. You may also have the opportunity to meet some post-operative patients.