Sarah S. Wong, MD
Sarah Wong, MD is a surgeon at Advanced Laparoscopic Associates. Dr. Wong earned her bachelor’s with honors from Tufts University and her medical degree from Tufts University School of Medicine. She is board certified by the American Board of Surgery and a member of:
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (candidate)
- Massachusetts Medical Society
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (candidate)
Dr. Wong teaches students and residents from:
- Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine at Seton Hall University
- George’s University School of Medicine
- Rutgers New Jersey Medical School
An experienced researcher, Dr. Wong has presented her work at conferences around the country. She received an Honorable Mention in Clinical Investigation Award from Seton Hall University for research about bacterial infection screening for sleeve gastrectomy patients.
Dr. Wong’s research has been published in the peer-reviewed journals:
- American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry
- Applied Neuropsychology
- Archives of Clinical Neuropsychology
Getting to Know Dr. Wong
“I became a surgeon to help others. I like working with my hands and seeing immediate results. Patients feel better after their diseased gallbladder or appendix is removed.
“My patients appreciate how I explain the disease and solutions with language they understand. I believe the more patients understand, the more they can contribute to their own recovery. Medicine involves a team and the patient is the most important part of that team.”
For additional information, all prospective patients are invited to attend a free educational seminar.
Seminars are a great source of information about the procedure you are considering, and they allow you to meet the surgeons as well as ask any questions you may have. You may also have the opportunity to meet some post-operative patients.